Truxel Substation #2 Upgrade Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Document Title
- Truxel Substation #2 Upgrade Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Truxel Substation #2 Upgrade Project (Project) consists of replacing an aging 12.5-megavolt-ampere (MVA) transformer and associated switchgear that is in the southwest quadrant of the substation site. A new 20-MVA transformer and switchgear will be placed in the same area. Surface excavation will be required for the removal and construction of a new transformer and switchgear concrete foundation pad with a surrounding sub-grade oil containment area. The Project will also include modification and/or replacement of support infrastructure (i.e. switch pole, tap pole, conduit, grounding, etc.) to service the new transformer and switchgear.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
6201 S Street, Mail Stop B209
Sacramento, CA 95817
Phone : (916) 732-7406
- Other Location Info
- The project site is an existing substation located at 2951 Truxel Road in the City of Sacramento; APN: 225-0230-018.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- CEQA PRC Section 21080(b)(9), 21084; CEQA Guidelines Sections 15301 (Existing Facilties) and 15302 (Replacement or Recon
- Reasons for Exemption
- SMUD has reviewed and determined that the Project is categorically exempt from the provisions of CEQA pursuant to Sections 15301 (Existing Facilities) and 15302 (Replacement and Reconstruction). Section 15301 applies to projects that consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alternations of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency’s determination. Section 15302 states that "Class 2 consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced..." Thus, the Project will involve the repair and minor alternation of an existing substation facility resulting in no change or expansion of use; and the replacement of an existing transformer and switchgear in the same location and serving the same purpose and capacity. Therefore, no further environmental review is required.
- County Clerk
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE Truxel Substation #2 Upgrade PDF 87 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.