SMUD Gas Pipeline 700B Electrolysis Test Station Fruitridge/66 Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Document Title
- SMUD Gas Pipeline 700B Electrolysis Test Station Fruitridge/66 Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Gas Pipeline 700B Electrolysis Test Station Fruitridge/66 Project (Project) consists of installing an “electrolysis test station” to SMUD’s existing 700B 20-inch diameter gas pipeline. The purpose of the test station is to allow SMUD to take electrical measurements for determining the adequacy of SMUD’s cathodic protection system and ensure compliance with NACE SP0169 standards. The installation of the test station will include minor excavation of a 6-foot-by-8-foot area to expose the pipeline near the centerline of Fruitridge Road; installation of a below-grade electrolysis test station unit with traffic rated box (17-inches-by-30-inches) within the southern landscape corridor along Fruitridge Road; and trenching a 12-inch-wide-by-30-inch-deep conduit channel from the pipeline to the test station unit for cable connection. Upon completing the test station installation, the excavated areas will be backfilled and restored to preexisting conditions.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
6201 S Street, Mail Stop B209
Sacramento, CA 95817
Phone : (916) 732-7406
- Other Location Info
- The project site is located on Fruitridge Road that encompasses a work area from the centerline to the southern landscape corridor that is situated approximately 50 feet east of the Fruitridge Road/66th Street intersection.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- CEQA PRC Section 21080(b)(9), 21084; CEQA Guidelines Section 15301 (Existing Facilties)
- Reasons for Exemption
- SMUD has reviewed and determined that the Project is categorically exempt from the provisions of CEQA pursuant to Sections 15301 (Existing Facilities). Section 15301 applies to projects that consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alternations of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency’s determination. Thus, the Project will involve the installation of an electrolysis test station that will result in no change or expansion of the existing gas pipeline use. Therefore, no further environmental review is required.
- County Clerk
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE ETS Fruitridge-66 PDF 87 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.