The proposed project involves the demolition of the existing, approximately 11,000 SF on-site building (built in 1976) and a surface parking lot in conjunction with the construction of a new five-story, 127-unit density bonus residential housing project with 100% affordable units (aside from the manager's unit). The multi-family residential building will be constructed over a 92-space, subterranean parking garage located on a 36,800 SF site in the C3 (Commercial Service) and the R-2250 (Medium Density Residential) zones.
On May 4, 2021, the City Council approved a Density Bonus Housing Application (Case No. PDBP 2106442) with 100% of the units (aside from the manager's unit) reserved for low, very low and extremely low senior households, 324%
density bonus and findings for four concessions and three waivers, as follows:
1) Reductions in various street front, street side and interior setbacks;
2) Reduction in minimum studio unit size;
3) Allowance for multi-family housing on the ground floor in the C3 zone without approval of a conditional use permit; and
4) Reduction in common open space.
1) Increase in lot coverage;
2) Increase in floor area ratio; and
3) Reduction in additional open space.