CA Commercial Dungeness Crab Fleet Advisory and Depth Constraint
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- CA Commercial Dungeness Crab Fleet Advisory and Depth Constraint
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- A depth constraint in Fishing Zones 1 and 2 (north of Sonoma/Mendocino county line) and continuation of existing Fleet Advisory statewide.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3637 Westwind Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2877
- Other Location Info
- Ocean waters statewide
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15307 (Class 7); 15308 (Class 8)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The exemptions apply to agency actions to protect natural resources and the environment, respectively. This action implements a Depth Constraint and Fleet Advisory, which will have the overall effect of reducing the entanglement risk by prohibiting fishing in areas where whale aggregations are known to be present and educating fishermen of areas of whale presence and entanglement risk. Therefore, this action is the proper subject of CEQA’s Class 7 and 8 categorical exemptions.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE attachment_dcrab_advisory_2021-05-03 PDF 95 K NOE_dcrab_Advisory_2021-05-03 PDF 156 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.