Variance TWW-2021-HT-00323 to Allow the Transport and Accumulation of Treated Wood Waste under Alternate Procedures by Solid Wastes of Willits, Inc.
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Variance TWW-2021-HT-00323 to Allow the Transport and Accumulation of Treated Wood Waste under Alternate Procedures by Solid Wastes of Willits, Inc.
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) has issued a variance to Solid Wastes of Willits, Inc. to accumulate and transport treated wood waste to an authorized handler or disposal facility. Operations related to treated wood waste will be consistent with previous treated wood waste activities conducted by the applicant. The variance allows treated wood waste to be managed under procedures different from, but equally protective to human health and the environment to, the provisions of California Health and Safety Code (HSC) Articles 6, 6.5 and 9 of Chapter 6.5 and California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 22, Division 4.5, Chapters 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, and/or 20. Under the terms and conditions of Variance TWW-2021-HT-00323, Solid Wastes of Willits, Inc. will ensure the treated wood waste will be appropriately managed.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone : (916) 255-3711
- Countywide Northern California
- Other Location Info
- 15000 Prairie Way, Mendocino, CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- CCR Title 14, Sec. 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- All analysis conducted included the potential extension of the variance for an additional six months. DTSC has determined none of the exceptions to the categorical exemptions apply to this project, as described in Public Resources Code Section 21084(c), (d), and (e), and 14 CCR Section 15300.2. Operations under the variance will be substantially the same as those as previously conducted under the alternative management standards established at 22 CCR 67386. This variance is consistent with a former use.
- County Clerk
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE_TWW-2021-HT-00323_signed PDF 127 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.