HPH Properties, LP Residence - 1661 Sunset Dr., Pacific Grove

Summary

SCH Number
2021040697
Lead Agency
City of Pacific Grove
Document Title
HPH Properties, LP Residence - 1661 Sunset Dr., Pacific Grove
Document Type
MND - Mitigated Negative Declaration
Received
Present Land Use
Single family residential / R-1-B-4 (20,000 sf min. parcel size) / Low Density (1-2 units/ac)
Document Description
The project consists of the following aspects: 1) The demolition of the existing non-historic home on APN 007-041-035 (-035) and recordation of an Open Space and Conservation Deed Restriction over 85% of the property leaving a 15% buildable area for future development. This will allow the transfer of the existing water meter on -035 to the proposed new development; and 2) Merger of APNs 007-041-033 and -034 to create one (1) approximately 2.13 acre parcel to be developed with a split-level, single-family residence of approximately 5,310 square feet (sf), a partially detached garage of 602 square feet (sf), and total Primary Coverage Area (PCA) of ± 13,931 sf or 15% of the total area. The project also includes a 750 sf Outdoor Use Area (OUA). This calculation includes new impervious surface relating to building coverage, pavers, and general site coverage. The proposed residence would be 18’ in height utilizing the natural slope of the land to create a split-level appearance on the proposed home’s north and west elevations. As the property slopes gently upward from Sunset Dr. toward Asilomar Blvd, this height will be achieved through the removal of ± 1,340 cubic yards of material.

Contact Information

Name
Alyson Hunter
Agency Name
City of Pacific Grove
Contact Types
Lead/Public Agency

Location

Cities
Pacific Grove
Counties
Monterey
Regions
Citywide
Cross Streets
Sunset Dr./Asilomar Blvd./Arena Ave.
Zip
93950
Total Acres
3.45
Parcel #
007-041-033, -034, -035
State Highways
CA
Railways
n/a
Airports
n/a
Schools
Pacific Grove Adult School
Waterways
Pacific Ocean

Notice of Completion

Review Period Start
Review Period End
Development Types
Residential (Units 1, Acres 3.45)
Local Actions
Coastal Permit, Coastal Development Permit, Parcel Merger, Architectural Permit
Project Issues
Aesthetics, Biological Resources, Coastal Zone, Cultural Resources, Tribal Cultural Resources, Vegetation, Wetland/Riparian
Reviewing Agencies
California Air Resources Board (ARB), California Coastal Commission (CCC), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4 (CDFW), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 (CDFW), California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), California Department of Parks and Recreation, California Department of Transportation, District 5 (DOT), California Department of Water Resources (DWR), California Highway Patrol (CHP), California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Natural Resources Agency, California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Coast Region 3 (RWQCB), California State Lands Commission (SLC), Office of Historic Preservation, State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Quality

Attachments

Draft Environmental Document [Draft IS, NOI_NOA_Public notices, OPR Summary Form, Appx,]
Notice of Completion [NOC] Transmittal form

Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at state.clearinghouse@opr.ca.gov or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.

Download CSV Download All Attachments New Search Print