Permit No. 19573: Union Pacific Railroad Valley Subdivision Mile Post 135.11 Bridge Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- Permit No. 19573: Union Pacific Railroad Valley Subdivision Mile Post 135.11 Bridge Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- To replace the existing single track, 8-span, 120-foot-long, timber stringer trestle ballast deck railroad bridge crossing Reeds Creek with a 5-span, 150 foot long, prestressed concrete box girder bridge. Rock slope protection will be placed at the new bridge abutments for erosion control. A temporary in-water trestle will be used for bridge removal and construction. Temporary fill will be placed for site access and staging.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 480-5413
- Other Location Info
- The project is located where the existing Union Pacific Railroad Valley Subdivision rail line crosses Reeds Creek at Mile Post 135.11, approximately 2 miles southeast of the City of Olivehurst in Yuba County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Categorical: CEQA Guidelines Section 15302; Statutory: PRC Section 21080(b)(10) and CEQA Guidelines Section 15275(a)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Staff has determined that the project is statutorily exempt under the provisions of CEQA and the State CEQA Guidelines. The Board’s approval involves issuing an encroachment permit for replacement of an existing railroad bridge that is related to the institution or increase of passenger or commuter service of rail lines already in use, which is exempt under the statutory exemption of the Public Resources Code Section 21080(b)(10) and CEQA Guidelines Section 15275(a). In addition, the project is exempt from CEQA under the Class 2, Replacement or Reconstruction (CEQA Guidelines § 15302), because the activity consists of replacement and reconstruction of an existing structure in the same location and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the replaced structure. Further, none of the exceptions to the exemption in CEQA Guidelines § 15300.2 apply. Please note, the signed NOE is not attached. If you would like to request a signed copy of the NOE, please contact Board Staff at: email@example.com.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2021 PDF 152 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.