A Resolution of Board of Directors of ACWD Levying a Replenishment Assessment (Resolution No. 21-016)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Alameda County Water District (ACWD)
- Document Title
- A Resolution of Board of Directors of ACWD Levying a Replenishment Assessment (Resolution No. 21-016)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The nature and purpose of the proposed project is to increase the replenishment assessment (RA) fee on the production of groundwater within ACWD. The RA fees help pay for the replenishment of groundwater, groundwater and watershed protection, regulation of well construction, and other programs that prevent sea water intrusion or promote the supply and quality of groundwater for the benefit of all users of the groundwater basin. The beneficiaries of the project are all users of the groundwater basin and customers of ACWD generally.
- Contact Information
Mikel S. Halliwell
Groundwater Resources Engineer
43885 South Grimmer Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94538
Phone : (510) 668-4412
- Fremont Hayward Newark Union City
- Citywide Northern California San Francisco Bay Area
- Other Location Info
- Al lands within the jurisdiction of ACWD, including all of Newark and portions of Fremont, Hayward, and Union City.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Public Resources Code Section 21080(b)(8); Guidelines Section 15273
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt pursuant to Section 21080(b)(8) of the Public Resources Code and Section 15273of the CEQA Guidelines because it is modifying groundwater replenishment fees for basin management, for the purpose of (1) meeting operating expenses; (2) purchasing or leasing supplies, equipment and materials; and (3) obtaining funds for capital projects necessary to maintain service and system reliability.
- County Clerk
- Notice of Exemption
- ACWD NOE with Resolution 21-016_State_Clearinghouse PDF 479 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.