Gianella-Muir Safety Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California Department of Transportation, District 3 (DOT)
- Document Title
- Gianella-Muir Safety Project
- Document Type
- MND - Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Present Land Use
- The present land use within the project area consists of State Route 32, connections to local roads, and the highways shoulders within the Caltrans right of way. Surrounding the project, there is mainly rural agricultural land.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) proposes to improve safety along State Route 32 between post miles 0.3 to 5.0 from Gianella Road to Muir Avenue. The proposed project is in Butte County between the Sacramento River and the City of Chico. The project will reduce the number and severity of collisions by widening the existing shoulders to 8 feet, increasing the left turn deceleration lane lengths, adding intersection safety lighting, and adding edge line rumble strips. The project will also improve the ride quality of the pavement, improve left turn deceleration lanes, address poor condition culverts, install safety lighting and upgrade guard rail and end treatments to meet current standards.
- Contact Information
703 B Street
Marysville, CA 95901
Phone : (530) 821-8296
- Northern California
- Cross Streets
- Gianella Road, Muir Ave.
- State Highways
- Other Location Info
- The project will take place on State Route 32 between post miles 0.3 to 5.0 from Gianella Road to Muir Avenue, from the City of Chico to the county line with Glenn County. The project will not occur within the City of Chico.
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Development Type
- Transportation:Highway/Freeway (safety project)
- Local Action
- Project Issues
- Biological Resources Cultural Resources Greenhouse Gas Emissions Hazards & Hazardous Materials Utilities/Service Systems
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Air Resources Board (ARB) California Department of Conservation (DOC) California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2 (CDFW) California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Water Resources (DWR) California Highway Patrol (CHP) California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC) California Natural Resources Agency California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Redding Region 5 (RWQCB) California State Lands Commission (SLC) California Transportation Commission (CATC) Office of Historic Preservation Sierra Nevada Conservancy State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Draft Environmental Document [Draft IS, NOI_NOA_Public notices, OPR Summary Form, Appx,]
- Gianella-Muir Safety Project IS Proposed MND PDF 35428 K Gianella-Muir Safety Project Notice of Intent to Adopt PDF 145 K Gianella-Muir Safety Project OPR summary Form PDF 603 K
- Notice of Completion [NOC] Transmittal form
- Gianelle-Muir Safety Project Notice of Completion signed PDF 234 K
- State Comment Letters [Comments from state reviewing agencies]
- 2021040476_CVFPB Comment PDF 658 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.