Upgrade the Cellular Communications for Traffic Management Systems
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Transportation, District 4 (DOT)
- Document Title
- Upgrade the Cellular Communications for Traffic Management Systems
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation, District 4 (Caltrans) will upgrade, throughout the Bay Area, the cellular communications from 3G-to-4G for Traffic Management System (TMS) field Changeable Message Signs (CMS), Traffic Signals, Ramp Meters (RM) and Vehicle Detector Stations (VDS).
- Contact Information
Environmental Maintenance - Caltrans
111 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone : (510) 286-6008
- Alamo Albany Antioch Belmont Benicia Berkeley Brisbane Burlingame Calistoga Cloverdale Concord Cotati Danville Dixon El Cerrito Fairfield Foster City Fremont Hayward Healdsburg Hercules Lafayette Livermore Martinez Menlo Park Millbrae Moraga Napa Oakland Orinda Petaluma Pinole Pittsburg Pleasant Hill Pleasanton Redwood City Richmond Rio Vista Rohnert Park San Bruno San Carlos San Francisco San Leandro San Mateo San Pablo San Ramon Santa Rosa Sebastopol Sonoma South San Francisco Suisun City Union City Vacaville Vallejo Walnut Creek Windsor Woodside
- Alameda Contra Costa Marin Napa San Francisco San Mateo Solano Sonoma
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Other Location Info
- Throughout the entire Bay Area, along all the state routes, interstates, and state highways.
- Other Information
- Various post miles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- PRC 21084; 14CCR 15301(c)(d)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1: Existing Facilities; (c): Existing highways and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycle and pedestrian trails, and similar facilities. (d): Restoration or rehabilitation of deteriorated or damaged structures, facilities, or mechanical equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety, unless it is determined that the damage was substantial and resulted from an environmental hazard such as earthquake, landslide, or flood.
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.