Rockfish Recruitment and Ecosystem Assessment Survey
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Rockfish Recruitment and Ecosystem Assessment Survey
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to NOAA Southwest Fisheries Science Center (SWFSC) pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 2081(a) to sample fish statewide for the Coastal Pelagic Species Trawl Research. The Section 2081(a) permit authorizes SWFSC to incidentally take Longfin Smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys), Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch), and Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) during the course of its research subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The purpose of this assessment is to collect data to develop abundance estimates for young of the year rockfish and other groundfish related to stock assessments for PMFC fishery management. Covered methods of take are limited to a modified Cobb mid-water trawl net.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3637 Westwind Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 791-4195
- Del Norte Humboldt Los Angeles Marin Mendocino Monterey Orange San Diego San Francisco San Luis Obispo San Mateo Santa Barbara Santa Cruz Sonoma Ventura
- Pacific Ocean
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Calif. Code Regs., Section 15306, Information Collection, Class 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project involves research which will not result in a serious or major disturbance to Longfin Smelt, a threatened species, Spring Run Chinook Salmon, a threatened species, Winter Run Chinook Salmon, an endangered species, Central California Coast ESU Coho Salmon, an endangered species, and Southern Oregon/Northern California ESU Coho Salmon, a threatened species.
- Notice of Exemption
- CDFW_2081aMOU_NOE_SWFSC_Rockfish_210412 PDF 138 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.