Variance TWW-2021-TR-00173 to Allow the Transport of Treated Wood Waste under Alternate Procedures by K&D Landscaping Inc.
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Variance TWW-2021-TR-00173 to Allow the Transport of Treated Wood Waste under Alternate Procedures by K&D Landscaping Inc.
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) has issued a variance to K&D Landscaping Inc. to transport treated wood waste from authorized generators and/or handler facilities to handler or disposal facilities. The treated wood waste is generated as a result of demolition from existing structures in preparation for new installation. The variance allows treated wood waste to be managed under procedures different from, but equally protective to human health and the environment to, the provisions of California Health and Safety Code (HSC) Articles 6, 6.5 and 9 of Chapter 6.5 and California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 22, Division 4.5, Chapters 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, and/or 20. Under the terms and conditions of Variance TWW-2021-TR-00173, K&D Landscaping Inc. will ensure the treated wood waste will be appropriately managed.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control Permitting Division
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 322-0471
- Santa Cruz
- Northern California
- Other Location Info
- 330 Primrose Lane, Watsonville CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Actions by Regulatory Agencies for Protection of the Environment [CCR Title 14, Sec. 15308]
- Reasons for Exemption
- All analysis conducted included the potential extension of the variance for an additional six months. DTSC has determined none of the exceptions to the categorical exemptions apply to this project, as described in Public Resources Code Section 21084(c), (d), and (e), and 14 CCR Section 15300.2. The handling and transport of the TWW is consistent with the actions taken by regulatory agency, to assure the maintenance, restoration, enhancement or protection of the environment. The approval of this variance will ensure the treated wood waste generated will be contained from release during transport to an authorized accumulation site or disposal facility.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE_TWW-2021-TR-00173_signed PDF 169 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.