Novo Aquatic Sciences, Inc. Fish and Invertebrate Sampling in Humboldt Bay
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Novo Aquatic Sciences, Inc. Fish and Invertebrate Sampling in Humboldt Bay
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Fish and Wildlife is issuing a permit to Novo Aquatic Sciences, Inc. pursuant to Fish and Game Code Section 2081(a) for research purposes. The Section 2081(a) permit authorizes the applicant to take Longfin Smelt and Coho Salmon during the course of sampling, subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The purpose of this sampling is for research. The Section 2081(a) permit authorizes the applicant to collect Longfin Smelt and Coho Salmon. The applicant will sample these waters periodically throughout the year.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 2nd St.
Eureka , CA 95501
Phone : (707) 499-0354
- Northern California
- Humboldt Bay
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Calif. Code Regs., Section 15306, Information Collection, Class 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project involves sampling in Humboldt Bay and nearby offshore waters which will not result in a serious or major disturbance to Longfin Smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys) or Coho Salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch), both listed as threatened species.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2081a_NOE_Novotny_2101 PDF 140 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.