Permit No. 19531: Union Pacific Railroad - Valley Subdivision Milepost 203.65 Bridge Replacement
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- Permit No. 19531: Union Pacific Railroad - Valley Subdivision Milepost 203.65 Bridge Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Approval of Permit No. 19531, under California Code of Regulations, Title 23, Article 3, Section 6, for work within an adopted plan of flood control: To replace an existing single-track, 3-span, 180-foot long, deck plate girder open deck bridge on steel cylinder piers and stone abutments with a single-track, 4-span, 252-foot long bridge. The new bridge will consist of three 69-foot beam span (BM) ballast deck-bridge girders, and one 45-foot pre-stressed concrete box (PCB) girder span on drilled shafts bents with concrete bent caps. The abutments will be supported by steel H-piles with riprap for erosion control. For access and construction purposes, a temporary access route and two temporary work bridges, one on each side of the bridge, are proposed.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 480-5388
- Other Location Info
- The project is located where the existing UPRR line spans Deer Creek, approximately 2.5-miles upstream of the confluence with the Sacramento River and approximately 0.5-miles north of the community of Vina, in Tehama County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Board staff has determined the project is exempt from CEQA under the Class 2, Replacement or Reconstruction categorical exemption (CEQA Guidelines § 15302), because the proposed activity consists of the removal and replacement of a UPRR bridge with substantially the same size, purpose, and capacity. Further, none of the exceptions to the exemption in CEQA Guidelines § 15300.2 apply. Please note, a signed copy of the NOE is not attached. If you would like to request a signed copy of the NOE, please contact Board Staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of Exemption
- 19531 - UPRR - NOE_osb PDF 126 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.