San Luis Field Division (SLFD) Erosion Repair Milepost (MP) 87.6 Left Side (L) and MP 90.75 Right Side (R)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- San Luis Field Division (SLFD) Erosion Repair Milepost (MP) 87.6 Left Side (L) and MP 90.75 Right Side (R)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SLFD will repair erosions located at MP 87.6L and 90.75R to maintain Aqueduct integrity. The erosions will first be backfilled with the eroded material remaining at each site. If more fill is required, it will be imported from existing DWR spoil piles. Once backfilled, each site will be compacted either by using a sheepsfoot roller attachment or by using a tamper and then re-contoured. The Aqueduct is the major conveyor of water for the State Water Project (SWP) and is vital for delivering water to millions of California residents. This work will help ensure continued safe and reliable water delivery to SWP Contractors.
- Contact Information
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Road
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5127
- Los Banos
- Other Location Info
- The work will take place within the SLFD right of way at MP 87.6L and MP 90.75R, which is located along the California Aqueduct (Aqueduct). The sites are approximately 0.8 mile south and 3.8 miles south-southeast, respectively, from the Dos Amigos Pumping Plant.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The DWR's erosion repair involves repairing existing Aqueduct embankments to restore them to original condition. The repair will not involve an expansion of existing or former use and will not have a significant effect on the environment; Categorical Exemption 15301 (b) (Existing Facilities) applies.
- County Clerk
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE SLFD Signed Mar 16_ocr PDF 137 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.