South Orinda Sewer Renovation Phase 8, District Project 8461
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Central Contra Costa Sanitary District
- Document Title
- South Orinda Sewer Renovation Phase 8, District Project 8461
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This Project will replace or rehabilitate approximately 5,100 feet of sewer mains, primarily 6-inch clay sewers, construction of manholes, and other related work within city rights-of-way and private easements. Three aerial sewer creek crossings will be replaced and work was coordinated with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and California Water Boards. Some of the existing sewers are deep (greater than 10 feet) and with manholes that reach 20 feet in depth. To minimize disruption and impacts to the neighborhoods, staff designed the sewers, approximately half of which, to be replaced by a pilot tube guided boring (PTGB) method.
- Contact Information
Russell B Leavitt
Central Contra Costa Sanitary District (Central San)
Lead/Public Agency / Project Applicant
5019 Imhoff Place
Martinez, CA 94553
Phone : (925) 768-3430
- Contra Costa
- Other Location Info
- On or adjacent to Crestview Dr., Lost Valley Dr., Moraga Way and Valley View Dr.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15302, Replacement and Reconstruction; and Section 155061(b)(3), Common Sense Exemption
- Reasons for Exemption
- At its March 4, 2021 meeting, the Central San Board of Directors independently found that this project is exempt from the California Quality Act (CEQA) under Central San’s CEQA Guidelines Section 15302, because it involves replacement of existing sewer facilities at substantially the same locations and with the same purpose and level of activity as the facilities being replaced. Any capacity increases are for non-growth inducing, wet weather purposes. This project also is exempt under Central San’s CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3), since it can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question may have a significant effect on the environment. This certainty is based on Central San’s past experience with numerous sewer construction projects of this nature, the relatively short distances involved, and Central San’s mitigating construction specifications. These specifications are standardized general and special conditions that are made part of the project bid documents to address environmental considerations, such as protecting trees and riparian areas, as well as compliance with applicable federal, state, county, district, municipal and local laws, ordinances, orders, and regulations.
- County Clerk
- Contra Costa
- Notice of Exemption
- South Orinda Renovations Phase 8 NOE PDF 122 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.