American River Watershed Common Features 2016 Project — American River Contract 3, Geotechnical Investigations
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Central Valley Flood Protection Board
- Document Title
- American River Watershed Common Features 2016 Project — American River Contract 3, Geotechnical Investigations
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The investigations will provide analytical data for soil that is anticipated to be excavated as part of the American River Watershed Common Features 2016 Project — American River Contract 3, which is being implemented by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). Borings will be conducted using hand-auger, hollow stem auger (HSA), and rotary wash drilling methods. A flat-bottomed boat would be used to access some of the boring locations. Soil cuttings from the island borings will be spread around the boring location and covered with straw. Soil cuttings from the other boring locations will be disposed of at an appropriate waste facility. Excavated soils from these locations will be stored in 55-gallon drums or in 20 cubic yard bins pending receipt of analytical results. The drums or bins will be watertight and stored at a location approved by USACE, Central Valley Flood Protection Board, and Sacramento Area Flood Control Agency. After completion, borings will be backfilled to ground surface with cement/bentonite grout according to Sacramento County Environmental Management Department permit requirements.
- Contact Information
Central Valley Flood Protection Board
3310 El Camino Avenue, Suite 170
Sacramento, CA 95821
Phone : (916) 574-0251
- Other Location Info
- Geotechnical investigations will occur along the right and left banks of the American River in various locations between approximately River Mile 3.0 near the Business 80 crossing and upstream of Watt Avenue to approximately River Mile 11.0 within the American River Parkway in Sacramento, California. Sampling will occur near the Business 80 crossing on the left bank, between Howe Avenue and Watt Avenue on the right bank, upstream of Watt Avenue on the left bank, and on two river islands located between River Mile 7.85 and 8.5.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306 Information Collection; 15304 Minor Land Alterations
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project consists of geotechnical investigations that will not result in a major disturbance to the environment. State and federally listed species will not be impacted. Water quality will not be impacted. Signs and detours will be provided to users of the Parkway to communicate any bike closures and detours. Sampling locations will be backfilled upon completion and sites will be restored to pre-project conditions. No mitigation is required. Please note, the signed NOE is not attached. If you would like to request a signed copy of the NOE, please contact Miles Claret at: Miles.Claret@water.ca.gov.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE_ARCF2016_ARC3_OSB PDF 175 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.