California Department of Transportation, District 3
03-1H181 - Donner Park Operational Improvements
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Categorical Exemption (CEQA and Categorical Exclusion (NEPA) for I-80 operational improvements at Donner Park.
This project is a combination of four minor A projects. This project is located in Nevada
County on Interstate 80 (I-80) from 0.2 Miles West of Donner Park OC (Br.# 17-0045)
to Route 80/267/89 Separation (Br.#17-0099) between PM 13.05 and PM 16.5.The project proposes to construct auxiliary and acceleration lanes as identified below:
1) Add/accommodate an auxiliary lane by restriping in the WB direction of I-80
from State Route 89 South on-ramp (PM 14.05) to Donner Pass Road off-ramp
2) Extend an auxiliary lane (add the third lane) by utilizing the inside shoulder in
the WB direction of I-80 from PM 15.75 to Route 80/267/89 Separation (PM
3) Construct an acceleration lane in the EB direction of I-80 from Donner Park OC
on-ramp (PM 13.21) to PM 13.64;
4) Construct an acceleration lane in the EB direction of I-80 from State Route 89
South on-ramp (PM 14.34) to PM 14.58.
5) Construct a retaining wall of length 1100 ft along the left shoulder on I-80 EB from Donner Park OC (PM 14.38) towards east;
6) Cold plane and overlay 3/8” the inside AC shoulder on WB I-80 from PM 13.8 to PM 14.0;
7) Remove the inside rumble strips on I-80 WB from PM 15.7 to PM 16.5 and remove the outside rumble strips on I-80 WB from PM 13.9 to 13.8;
8) Place recessed striping where auxiliary and acceleration lanes are added;
9) Place Polyester overlay over existing striping;
10) Replace the Donner Pass Road Exit Panel on WB I-80 at PM 13.4, Install a new overhead sign structure on WB I-80 at PM 13.9;
11) Replace TMS elements;
12) Construct 9 GDO drainage inlets and 18” Reinforced Concrete Pipe (RCP) on WB I-80 from PM 15.7 to PM 16.5.