El Monte Siding Extension Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Southern California Regional Rail Authority
- Document Title
- El Monte Siding Extension Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Southern California Regional Rail Authority (SCRRA) is proposing the El Monte Siding Extension Project (Project) to upgrade Metrolink's current regional passenger rail services along its existing San Bernardino Line. The Project includes new rail infrastructure that would be constructed almost entirely within SCRRA’s right of way (ROW) in the City of El Monte, with grade crossing improvements at El Monte Station and Tyler Avenue, and a siding extension. The Project would extend the existing track siding, which starts west of El Monte Station, by 3,170 feet. The Project is within a 0.9-mile railroad segment on Metrolink’s San Gabriel Subdivision and would extend from Mile Post (MP) 12.9 to MP 13.5, terminating north of Interstate 10 (I-10).
- Contact Information
900 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone : (213) 452-0242
- El Monte
- Los Angeles
- Citywide Countywide Southern California
- Other Location Info
- El Monte Station is located in the City of El Monte in Los Angeles County on SCRRA’s San Gabriel Subdivision at Mile Post (MP) 12.6 and 10925 Railroad Street between Santa Anita and Tyler Avenues north of Valley Boulevard. The siding extension would have an eastern termination at MP 13.5.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project would increase commuter and passenger service by extending existing track siding on an existing rail line and involves pedestrian at-grade crossing safety and reliability improvements, including elimination of an existing unprotected pedestrian at-grade crossing and installation of sidewalk improvements to allow safe passage.
- County Clerk
- Los Angeles
- Environmental Document
- CEQA Project Description_El MonteSidingExtension PDF 839 K
- Notice of Exemption
- Notice of Exemption_El Monte2 PDF 60 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.