City of Napa General Plan Update EIR NOP

Summary

SCH Number
2021010255
Lead Agency
City of Napa
Document Title
City of Napa General Plan Update EIR NOP
Document Type
NOP - Notice of Preparation
Received
Present Land Use
The Planning Area includes all land within the City of Napa, its Sphere of Influence (SOI), and within the City’s Rural Urban Limit. The Planning Area encompasses about 10,700 acres, of which 93 percent is in City limits and the remaining 7 percent is in the SOI.

Document Description
The Project involves a comprehensive update to all elements of the General Plan with the exception of the Housing Element, which is not being presently updated. Preparation of the General Plan is underway, and a Draft Land Use Diagram and key policies are currently under review by the General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC), appointed by the City Council. Significant community input has been gathered through community meetings and workshops, and online surveys. Information on work completed to date, community input gathered, along with the Draft Land Use Plan and policy proposals that are currently being worked on are available at the project website https://napa2040.com. The Napa General Plan Update will have all elements required by State law plus additional elements to incorporate strategies for achieving the plan vision, complying with new State law enacted since the Napa General Plan was last comprehensively updated, and addressing emerging trends and new technologies. The General Plan is anticipated to have the following elements: Land Use and Community Design; Transportation; Community Services, Parks, and Recreation; Historic Resources; Climate Change and Sustainability; Natural Resources Conservation; Safety and Noise; Public Health and Equity; and Economic Development. In March 2020, the City Council approved the key elements of a vision for the future of the community to guide the General Plan that include: • Fostering Napa as a community of connected neighborhoods, with vibrant, walkable districts, and revitalized corridors. • Increasing travel options through enhanced walking, bicycling, and public transportation systems, and promote mobility through increased connectivity and intelligent transportation management. • Balancing local and tourist needs. • Promoting housing and support a diverse array of housing types to meet the needs of all segments of the population. • Fostering connections to nature and open space. • Emphasizing environmental sustainability. • Achieving a healthy and safe community for all. • Promoting continued Downtown revitalization. • Celebrating Culture, Arts, and History. • Achieving an economically diverse and resilient community.

Contact Information
Michael Walker
City of Napa Planning Division
Lead/Public Agency
1600 First Street
Napa, CA 94559

Phone : (707) 257-9530
mwalker@cityofnapa.org

City of Napa
Project Applicant

Location

Cities
Napa
Counties
Napa
Regions
Citywide Northern California San Francisco Bay Area Unincorporated
Total Acres
10700
State Highways
SR 29, SR 121, and SR 221
Waterways
Napa River
Other Location Info
The Planning Area includes all land within the City of Napa, its Sphere of Influence (SOI), and within the City’s Rural Urban Limit. The Planning Area encompasses about 10,700 acres, of which 93 percent is in City limits and the remaining 7 percent is in the SOI. The Planning Area is surrounded by unincorporated Napa County and generally bounded by Oak Knoll Avenue to the north, First Avenue on the east, Napa Valley Corporate Park on the south, and the Mayacamas Mountains on the west. The SOI includes a portion of unincorporated Napa County, located in various sections of the Planning Area. The Napa River runs through the Planning Area.

Notice of Completion

Review Period Start
Review Period End
Local Action
General Plan Update
Project Issues
Aesthetics Agriculture and Forestry Resources Air Quality Biological Resources Cultural Resources Cumulative Effects Drainage/Absorption Economics/Jobs Flood Plain/Flooding Geology/Soils Greenhouse Gas Emissions Growth Inducement Hazards & Hazardous Materials Hydrology/Water Quality Land Use/Planning Noise Population/Housing Public Services Recreation Schools/Universities Septic System Sewer Capacity Solid Waste Transportation Tribal Cultural Resources Vegetation Wetland/Riparian Wildfire Wildlife
Reviewing Agencies
California Air Resources Board (ARB) California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 4 (DOT) California Department of Transportation, Division of Aeronautics (DOT) California Department of Transportation, Division of Transportation Planning (DOT) California Department of Water Resources (DWR) California Energy Commission California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES) California Highway Patrol (CHP) California Natural Resources Agency California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) California Regional Water Quality Control Board, San Francisco Bay Region 2 (RWQCB) California State Lands Commission (SLC) Department of Toxic Substances Control Office of Historic Preservation State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Quality California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC) California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 (CDFW) California Department of Conservation (DOC)

Attachments

Environmental Document
Napa_General_Plan_NOP   PDF 3812 K
NOC
NOC   PDF 659 K
State Comments
2021010255_CDFW Comment   PDF 348 K 2021010255_Conservation Comment   PDF 924 K 2021010255_NAHC Comment   PDF 285 K

Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at state.clearinghouse@opr.ca.gov or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.

Download CSV Download All Attachments New Search Print