EMERGENCY PERMIT FOR TREATMENT OF HAZARDOUS WASTE, ABBOTT CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEMS, INC., SANTA CLARA, CA
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- EMERGENCY PERMIT FOR TREATMENT OF HAZARDOUS WASTE, ABBOTT CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEMS, INC., SANTA CLARA, CA
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Abbott Cardiovascular Systems, Inc.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), pursuant to authority granted under California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 4.5, Chapter 20, Section 66270.61, has issued an Emergency Permit to Abbott Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., (EPA ID# CAD982511776) to treat hazardous waste through a controlled reaction with a chemical solution. Specifically, 25 grams of 2, 2 Azobisisobutyronitrile, and 400 grams of sodium azide must be stabilized prior to transport to an authorized hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facility. These chemicals are currently being stored at Abbott Cardiovascular Systems, Inc., located at 3200 Lakeside Drive. DTSC has determined as a safety precaution to prevent an accident or severe injury, an Emergency Permit should be issued to chemically stabilize the hazardous waste prior to storage and eventual transportation off-site by Clean Harbors Environmental Services (CHES).
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone : (916) 255-6531
- Santa Clara
- Santa Clara
- Northern California
- Other Location Info
- 3200 Lakeside, Santa Clara, California 95054
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 21080(b)(4); 15269(b)(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This action is necessary to prevent an emergency. Chemical stabilization of the chemicals is necessary prior to transportation to an authorized hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facility to prevent accidental fire and/or explosion during transport.
- Notice of Exemption
- Abbott EP_Notice of Exemption_Draft_MPM_01062021_Signed PDF 139 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.