The Rancho del Prado Specific Plan involves the pre-zoning of 209.4 acres in the City of Loma Linda to allow for a residential community of up to 350 detached single family residential homes distributed among two planning areas (Planning Area 1 and Planning Area 2); refer to Exhibit 3, Planning Areas, and Exhibit 4, Conceptual Land Use Plan. As depicted on Exhibit 4, the Proposed Project would allow for the development of the following land uses:
• Single Family Residential: Approximately 81.2 acres of detached single family residential homes would be distributed throughout Planning Area 1 and Planning Area 2.
• Open Space and Recreation: Approximately 121.7 acres of recreational trails and active and passive open space recreational uses would be distributed throughout the Project Site.
• Public Facilities: The Proposed Project would preserve the existing 6.5-acre stormwater detention facility with a small earthen dam located within the northwestern portion of the Project Site. This facility is in Loma Linda, but owned by the City of Colton.
Project implementation would require approval of the following discretionary actions:
• Land Use Pre-Designation to change the Project Site’s City of Loma Linda General Plan designation of South Hills to Rancho Del Prado Specific Plan; and
• Pre-zoning to change the Project Site’s City of Loma Linda zoning of Hillside Conservation (HR-C) to Specific Plan Zone (SP Zone).
0284-221-18, 0284-181-27, 0284-221-16, and 0284-181-26
Reche Canyon Elementary School
Notice of Completion
State Review Period Start
State Review Period End
State Reviewing Agencies
California Air Resources Board (ARB), California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), California Department of Parks and Recreation, California Department of Transportation, District 8 (DOT), California Department of Water Resources (DWR), California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (OES), California Highway Patrol (CHP), California Natural Resources Agency, California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Santa Ana Region 8 (RWQCB), Department of Toxic Substances Control, Office of Historic Preservation, State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water, California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Inland Deserts Region 6 (CDFW)
State Reviewing Agency Comments
California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Inland Deserts Region 6 (CDFW)
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents.
To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.
For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.