California Department of Parks and Recreation
San Francisco Solano Mission Fountain Rehabilitation
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Rehabilitate the non-historic fountain located in the courtyard of the San Francisco Solano Mission at Sonoma State Historic Park to restore its functionality and appearance. Work will:
• Install decomposed granite to level the surface of the courtyard surrounding rocks that form the collar at the base of the fountain and to the existing surface of the courtyard;
• Fill the trough that encircles the fountain with aggregate base rock topped with decomposed granite;
• Clean the rock walls of the exterior of the fountain;
• Remove the existing bricks, roof tiles and mortar of the fountain and replace with new bricks and mortar;
• Replace a cracked and damaged section of concrete in the fountain’s basin;
• Replace the pipe and conduit that runs under the basin;
• Repaint the basin; and
• Add a new centerpiece and/or spray nozzle.
All work will meet the Secretary of Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.