CP Avery to CP Songs Signal Respacing Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Southern California Regional Rail Authority
- Document Title
- CP Avery to CP Songs Signal Respacing Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Present Land Use
- Railroad Right-of-Way
- Document Description
- Under the Project, the existing eastbound intermediate signal located approximately 100 feet south of Avenida Estacion’s intersection with North El Camino Real at Senda De La Playa (Mile Post [MP] 203.56) would be removed. The westbound signal 2031 at this location will remain. Three new intermediate signals and three new positive train control (PTC) antennae towers would be installed, at CP Lantern (MP 202.4242), Intermediate Signal 2036 (MP 203.959), and CP Pier (MP 205.153). The new PTC antennae towers would be approximately 45 feet in height and positioned approximately 33 feet from the centerline of the mainline tracks. The Project’s physical footprint would be discontinuous and limited to those areas along the Project corridor where a new signal, PTC antenna tower, and power source are proposed. SCRRA’s goal for implementing the Project is to enhance operational flexibility and increase safety and reliability along portions of the Orange County Subdivision within the Cities of Dana Point and San Clemente. Once installed, the Project would provide independent utility by adding two eastbound and two westbound blocks of separation for train traffic within the Project corridor.
- Contact Information
900 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone : (213) 452-0242
Southern California Regional Rail Authority
- Dana Point San Clemente
- Citywide Countywide Southern California
- Other Location Info
- CP Lantern is at Mile Post 202.4242 (Dana Point), Intermediate Signal 2036 is at Mile Post 203.959 (San Clemente), and CP Pier is at Mile Post 205.153 (San Clemente).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project would modernize commuter service by enhancing operational flexibility and increasing safety and reliability on an existing rail line.
- Environmental Document
- SCORE Signal Respacing Project Description_Clean 11202020 PDF 3304 K
- Notice of Exemption
- Notice of Exemption_Signal Respacing 11242020 PDF 89 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.