Large Tree Mapping Across the Sierra Nevada, Project ID: 2020114
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB)
- Document Title
- Large Tree Mapping Across the Sierra Nevada, Project ID: 2020114
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of this project is to identify the locations of large trees, quantify their functional value for carbon storage and wildlife, use machine learning to model their biophysical environment and predict likely locations for large trees in the future, and use a landscape simulation model to determine the effects of treatments on the distribution of large trees across a 1 million hectare subregion and assess their variability under climate change.
- Contact Information
John P. Donnelly
Department of Fish and Wildlife, Wildlife Conservation Board
P.O Box 944209
Sacramento, CA 94420-2090
Phone : (916) 445-0137
Wildlife Conservation Board (WCB)
- Alpine Butte Calaveras El Dorado Fresno Inyo Kern Madera Mariposa Mono Nevada Placer Plumas Sierra Tulare Tuolumne Yuba
- Other Location Info
- The project study area consists of all counties across the Sierra Nevada, plus the east side of Lake Tahoe: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Madera, Mariposa, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sierra, Tulare, Tuolumne, and Yuba.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- State code Number: 15262, Feasibility and Planning Studies
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project involves only environmental analysis or planning studies for possible future actions which the board has not approved, adopted, or funded.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020114_Large_Tree_Mapping_Across_the_Sierra_Nevada_NOE_HC_KM_SM PDF 314 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.