MER-152-PM 21.5 Los Banos Maintenance Station Tree Removal
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Transportation, District 10 (DOT)
- Document Title
- MER-152-PM 21.5 Los Banos Maintenance Station Tree Removal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Present Land Use
- Maintenance Facility
- Document Description
- Caltrans maintenance forces will remove approximately 7 large trees within the Caltrans maintenance facility in Los Banos, CA (no oak species). The project is expected to take 2-3 days. All work will be completed within Caltrans Right-of-Way. The purpose of the project is to detour a large colony of migrating egrets from roosting within the maintenance facility area. Previous avoidance measures such as tree trimming have been unsuccessful. The project is needed to address complaints from the City of Los Banos regarding bird waste and dead juvenile birds naturally occurring throughout the nesting season and to address safety concerns for the maintenance workers on-site.
- Contact Information
1976 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Bvld.
Stockton, CA 95205
Phone : (209) 948-7427
- Los Banos
- Other Location Info
- Caltrans Maintenance Facility 1359 E. Pacheco Blvd. Los Banos, CA 93635
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Existing Facilities Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Maintenance of existing landscaping on maintenance facility lot.
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.