Chino Hills State Park Welcome Signs Installation Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Chino Hills State Park Welcome Signs Installation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Present Land Use
- State Park, Open Space
- Document Description
- The signs are being installed to improve the way-finding capabilities for park visitors and consolidate some existing signs. Installation of three welcome signs at Chino Hills State Park. Signs will measure three feet high by five feet wide, approximately three feet from finished grade using wooden posts secured by approx. 2' diameter concrete footing(s). Holes will be excavated by a mechanical auger. No vegetation removal is necessary. Measures to be implemented to avoid environmental impact may be obtained by submitting a request to the project Environmental Coordinator listed.
- Contact Information
CA Department of Parks and Recreation
17801 Lake Perris Drive
Perris, CA 92571
Phone : (951) 503-3376
CA State Department of Parks and Recreation
- Orange Riverside San Bernardino
- Southern California
- Other Location Info
- Chino Hills State Park. Three locations: First, a welcome sign will be installed approximately 15 feet east of the Bane Canyon entrance gate, and approximately two feet south of the sidewalk on Sapphire Road in the City of Chino Hills (33"57'16.57"N, 117"42'8.36"W). The second sign will be installed at the entrance to Telegraph Canyon Trail (33"55'11.53"N, 117"49'31.ll"W). This location currently has two sign posts with multiple signs. One of the posts will be removed and replaced with the new Welcome Sign and existing, relevant signs will be consolidated onto the remaining sign post The third sign will be installed at the Lower Aliso Creek Road entrance, which connects to the Santa Ana River Trail (33"53'3.63"N, 117"40'12.16"W).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impact to the environment is anticipated in compliance with CEQA §15300.4. If the project is implemented as indicated within the CDPR Project Evaluation Form, then it is exempt under CEQA §15311-Accessory Structures. The action falls under the Departmental List of Exempt activities according to CEQA § 15300.4 as "Installation of signs."
- Final Document(s)
- CHSP Welcome Signs Installation NOE and exhibits_signed PDF 326 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.