Improve Safety - Apply High Friction Surface Treatment (04-2Q250)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans, District 4 - Bay Area/Oakland (California Department of Transportation, District 4)
- Document Title
- Improve Safety - Apply High Friction Surface Treatment (04-2Q250)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Document Description
- This project proposes to install High Friction Surface Treatment (HFST) at various freeway segments on westbound (WB) Interstate 80 (1-80), WB 1-580, and SB 1-680 in Alameda County. The project's purpose is to reduce the occurrence and severity of wet pavement-related collisions and improve safety operations at various locations on these interstates. State accident data has identified these project locations as having higher than average concentrations of accidents due to wet weather conditions.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) District 4
111 Grand Avenue
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone : (510) 504-3139
- Berkeley Fremont Livermore Oakland
- Countywide San Francisco Bay Area
- State Highways
- Interstates 80, 580, and 680
- Other Location Info
- This project's locations are the following: Westbound I-80 from postmile 6.44 to 6.7, westbound I-580 from postmile 12.32 to 12.53, westbound I-580 from postmile 46.00 to 46.46, and southbound I-680 from postmile 7.38 to 7.46.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing highways and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycle and pedestrian trails, and similar facilities (this includes road grading for the purpose of public safety).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2Q250 NOE_signed PDF 176 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.