Jurupa Road Grade Separation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020- 0049-R6)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Inland Deserts Region 6 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Jurupa Road Grade Separation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020- 0049-R6)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Project is limited to a proposed grade separation to eliminate two existing Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) at grade crossings located on Jurupa Road - a 3-track crossing at DOT Crossing #810979D and the UPRR wye (rail) at DOT Crossing #810980X. The proposed Project will widen the existing Bly Channel triple box culvert south of Jurupa Road.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3602 Inland Empire Blvd. Ste. C -220
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone : (909) 483-6317
Riverside County Transportation Department
- Jurupa Valley
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located on 73.21 acres of existing roadway and adjacent property at the intersection of Van Buren Boulevard and Jurupa Road, in the City of Jurupa Valley, County of Riverside, State of California; Latitude 33.9973°, Longitude - 117.4847°.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15282 (g), (PRC) 21080.13
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project will eliminate an existing at-grade crossing at the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) grade crossing located on Jurupa Road in the City of Jurupa Valley, thus the project qualifies for a California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Statutory Exemption per the California Code of Regulation (CCR) 15282(g), such that the project clearly constitutes the action as described in Public Resource Code (PRC) 21080.13 in which any railroad grade separation project which eliminates an existing grade crossing or which reconstructs an existing grade separation is Statutorily Exempt under CEQA per Section 21080.13 of the Public Resource Code (PRC). “(g) Any railroad grade separation project which eliminates an existing grade crossing or which reconstructs an existing grade separation as set forth in Section 21080.13 of the Public Resources Code.
- Notice of Exemption
- 1600-2020-0049-R6_NOE_JurupaRoadGradeSeparation PDF 197 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.