West Sacramento-Brighton 115 kV Tower Investigation
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- West Sacramento-Brighton 115 kV Tower Investigation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to geotechnical investigation and/or archaeological subsurface testing at six existing tower locations along the American River Floodplain. Geotechnical work will occur at West SacramentoBrighton 115 kV tower numbers 008/049, 009/059, and 010/073; archaeological subsurface testing will occur at tower numbers 008/049, 008/053, 008/055, 009/059, 010/067, and 010/073. Each tower location will be accessed from existing paved roads or dirt paths. Drilling equipment will not disrupt overhead wires and no boring will be performed on a levee slope or within 15 feet of a levee toe. No trees are proposed for removal.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2384
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
- Northern California
- 4E, 5E
- 25, 26
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at six (6) locations along the American River, in Sacramento County, State of California.
- Other Information
- Section 25, 26, 30, and 32, Township 9N, Range 4E and 5E.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class (1) and Class (4); California Code of Regulations, title 14, section (15301 and 15304)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project serves to maintain existing facilities of invested owned utilities uses to provide electric power. It involves negligible or no expansion of existing or former use, as the Permittee will maintain its existing right-of-way. The project involves only minor alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation and does not involve the removal of any healthy, mature, or scenic trees.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020-0138 NOE PDF 222 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.