Patterson Dam Valve Exercise 2020 (OM-DFD-2020-016)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Patterson Dam Valve Exercise 2020 (OM-DFD-2020-016)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Division of Operations and Maintenance
- Document Description
- DWR will perform routine inspection on the Patterson Dam outlet works consists of butterfly valves (BFV) on the reservoir bottom leading to a steel conduit that conveys water to the outlet structure. To avoid a sudden release of water to the drainage ditch, the 12-inch diameter steel conduit between both valves will require dewatering. The volume of water between the valves is approximately 881 gallons. The cycling of both valves and dewatering will generate about 10 gallons per minute of flow. The entire project is within the DWR right of way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-2908
- 37°41'51.36"N 121°41'3.93"W
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Cross Streets
- Patterson Pass Rd and Greenville Rd
- Other Information
- Patterson Dam. Mile marker: SBA MM 9.36.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Existing Facilities, Section No. 15301(b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves routine maintenance activities. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat. Because this activity can be implemented without any significant environmental impacts, the Categorical Exemption Class 1 will be used for CEQA compliance.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE Patterson_Valve_Exercise_OM_DFD-2020_016 PDF 421 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.