Landfill Gas Probes and Monitoring Wells
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Merced County Regional Waste Management Authority (Merced County Regional Waste Management Authority)
- Document Title
- Landfill Gas Probes and Monitoring Wells
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Merced County Regional Waste Management Authority
- Document Description
- The project would involve the placement of three or more temporary landfill gas (LFG) probes, near LFG probe 45, to identify the extent to which methane has migrated to the east of the landfill . Information obtained from the temporary probes would be used to inform the new eastern boundary of the landfill and to determine the location for new permanent LFG probes. Depending on the information obtained from the temporary LFG probes, up to four permanent LFG probes and one new groundwater monitoring well may be necessary within the 110-acre area east of the Highway 59 Landfill.
- Contact Information
Merced County Regional Waste Management Authority
7040 N Highway 59
Merced, CA 95348
Phone : (209) 617-2128
- Cross Streets
- 7040 N Highway 59
- State Highways
- Highway 59
- Other Location Info
- Area to the east of the Highway 59 Landfill, 7040 N Highway 59, Merced, California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 30, Cal. Code Regs., Title 14, Section 15330
- Reasons for Exemption
- Proposed activities would be carried out to prevent minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of release of LFG, a hazardous waste or substance. Activities would cost less than $1 million. The project does not involve the use of a hazardous waste incinerator, thermal treatment unit, the relocation of residences or businesses, or release of volatile organic compounds into the air. Actions would be consistent with state and local environmental permitting requirements.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020110034_Landfill Gas Probes NOE PDF 312 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.