Geomorphic Mapping at the California Aqueduct MP 230
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- Geomorphic Mapping at the California Aqueduct MP 230
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project consists of pedestrian surveys conducted by up to two geologists to evaluate land features, exposures and outcrops that may yield information directly related to the geomorphic mapping effort. One or more soil pits in each soil type will be dug by hand using a garden trowel or small folding trench shovel. Pits will be less than 24” deep and 24” across. A maximum of 40 samples, under one gallon each, will be collected. Samples will be used to describe geologic and pedologic characteristics of the materials and surrounding soils. Upon completion, each hole will be backfilled with original material and ground will be returned to original condition.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-2908
Division of Operations and Maintenance
- 35°20'24"N 119°27'5.76"W
- Other Information
- The proposed Project is approximately four miles south of Buttonwillow adjacent to the California Aqueduct near Milepost 230.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 6 (Sec. 15306) Information Collection
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of basic data collection and does not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource. No sensitive biological or cultural resources have been identified in the area.
- Notice of Exemption
- MP230_Geo_Mapping_NOE PDF 166 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.