Drake Road Stabilization (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0233-R3)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Drake Road Stabilization (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0233-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0233-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to BioEngineering Associates, Inc. The project is limited to the biotechnical stabilization and revegetation of an eroding streambank that is threatening two residences along the Russian River. The project will require stabilization of approximately 135 linear feet of the bank of the Russian River using live vegetated rock deflectors comprised of large boulders and interplanted willow trees. Four rock deflectors will be constructed perpendicular to the streambank, ranging from approximately 20 to 50 feet long and approximately 20 to 30 feet wide with approximately 15-feet in between each rock deflector. Each deflector structure will begin on the bank and protrude below the high summer flow by approximately 20 feet. They will also incorporate a large rootwad facing toward the center of the river, with minimum dimensions of a 5-foot diameter rootwad, and a 12-inch diameter by 10-foot long trunk. The rock deflectors will be interplanted with willow stakes at 1-foot on center spacing. The rest of the streambank and riparian top of bank area within the project site will be planted with a total of 48 native trees and shrubs at 10-feet on center spacing. All disturbed areas within the project site, including the rock deflectors, will be treated with either native seed and mulch or a biodegradable coir mat to prevent erosion.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94534
Phone : (707) 576-2869
- Cross Streets
- 15200 and 15190 Drake Road
- Russian River
- Other Location Info
- The project is located on the Russian River, at 15200 and 15190 Drake Road, Guerneville, in the County of Sonoma.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class (33); California Code of Regulations, title 14, section (15333)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is substantially similar to a small habitat restoration project.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020110014_2020-0233 NOE PDF 263 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.