Haiwee Creek Arizona Crossing (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0228- R6)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 6 - Inland Deserts, Ontario (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Inland Deserts Region 6 )
- Document Title
- Haiwee Creek Arizona Crossing (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2019-0228- R6)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Document Description
- The amendment includes 1) using Articulated Concrete Blocks (ACB) instead of concrete and rip-rap to construct the Arizona low-water crossing and 2) the addition of a 91’ X 61’ ACB area to protect an existing penstock during large run-off events. The amendment will result in an additional 0.12 acres of permanent impacts, totaling 0.15 acres, to areas subject to Fish and Game Code 1602 resources.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
3602 Inland Empire Blvd. Suite C-220
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone : (760) 567-0332
- Inyo Riverside
- Southern California
- Other Information
- The Project is located on Haiwee Creek, a tributary to Rose Valley Playa, eight miles wouth of the unincorporated community of Olancha, Inyo County, California. The Project is located in Township 21 South, Range 37 East, Section 14 of the U.S. Geological Survey Coso Junction 7.5-minute Quadrangle Map: 413906 E 39996628 N UTM Zone 11.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 15301 (b), Class IV 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1, § 15301 (b) Existing facilities: the Project will include installation of ACB to protect and existing Penstock structure that serves to deliver water to a hydroelectric plant; Class 4, §15304, Minor Alterations to Land: the Project will result in minimal impacts to the condition of the land will not result in the removal of any woody vegetation.
- Notice of Exemption
- 1600-2019-0228-R6_NOE_Amendment PDF 216 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.