Bank Swallow Hat Creek Braden Sand Pit Safe Harbor Agreement (Request No. 2089-2020-004-01)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Bank Swallow Hat Creek Braden Sand Pit Safe Harbor Agreement (Request No. 2089-2020-004-01)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Document Description
- This project is an agreement that will provide a net conservation benefit to bank swallow (Riparia riparia) in Shasta County. The project establishes a baseline condition and management actions. Agreed to management actions include maintaining and increasing, as conditions allow, the Covered Species nesting habitat on the Enrolled Property by actively maximizing maintenance and creation of vertical quarry wall slopes with appropriate soils. Permittee shall ensure that sand extraction only occurs outside the nesting season for Covered Species (for purposes of this Agreement, nesting season is March 1 to August 14). The site shall be left with as much vertically exposed bank as feasible when extraction in complete and prior to March 1st of each year. The gate access to the extraction area shall be closed and locked. Any remaining stockpiles that may be left in the sand pit floor after February 28 of each year shall be located at least 40 feet from potential Covered Species nesting habitats.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2779
- Northern California
- State Highways
- Highway 299
- Other Location Info
- Located on Assessor Parcel Number 023-290-009 along State Highway 299, approximately 3.6 miles northeast of the Highway 89/299 junction in Shasta County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class 7; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15307 – Actions by Regulatory Agencies for Protection
- Reasons for Exemption
- CDFW finds the Safe Harbor Agreement (SHA) to be exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines section 15307, the "Actions by Regulatory Agencies for Protection of Natural Resources Exemption" (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 14, § 15307). CDFW has determined that implementation of this SHA is reasonably expected to provide a “net conservation benefit” to bank swallow due to habitat enhancement, which will result in increased availability to nesting habitat. This will be achieved through maintaining and creating additional nesting habitat.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2089-2020-0004-01_PGE_Bank_Swallow_Braden_Sand_Pit_Attachment_to_NOE_08252020_FINAL PDF 280 K 2089-2020-004-01_PGE_Bank_Swallow_Braden_Sand_Pit_SHA_NOE-1_OGC_08252020_FINAL PDF 227 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.