Simmons Bank Restoration and Revegetation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0385-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Northern Region, Redding and Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern and Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Simmons Bank Restoration and Revegetation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0385-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0385-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Sharon Simmons. The project is limited to one encroachment, for the removal of approximately 80 linear feet of unauthorized material (e.g. recycled concrete, rock riprap, other) placed in the stream channel, and for the revegetation of the impacted streambank utilizing locally native riparian plants and implement erosion control best management practices.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2077
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Eel River watershed, in the town of Fortuna, County of Humboldt, State of California; Section 2, T2N, R1W, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Fortuna U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor's Parcel Number 202-121- 015; latitude 40.5779 N and longitude 123.1405 W at the Parcel Centroid.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is to restore a previously altered section of stream channel/bank. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100514_1600-2020-0385-R1_Simmons Bank Restoration_NOE PDF 407 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.