Ballona Wetlands Riparian and Dune Restoration
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- Ballona Wetlands Riparian and Dune Restoration
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The overall project seeks to restore native habitat and improve public access along an existing trail. Improvements include restoring and enhancing 1.1 acres of riparian and dune habitat by hand, repairing a badly eroded trail, and extending a drain into a bioswale to prevent future erosion.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW)
3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (310) 455-3243
- Marina Del Rey
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- The Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve is approximately 577 acres and bounded by Fiji Way (north), 90 freeway and Freshwater Marsh (east), Carbora Drive (south), and Playa del Rey dunes homes (west).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 [15301(c)] pedestrian trail repair and Class 33 [15333(d)(4)] hand restoration of native habitat
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project passes all criteria under 15301; repair, maintenance, or minor alteration of existing public structures, facilities, or topographical features, involving negligible or no expansion of use. Project passes all criteria under 15333; (d)(4) projects to restore or enhance habitat that are carried out principally with hand labor and not mechanized equipment.
- Notice of Exemption
- Ballona Wetlands Trail Repair and Small Habitat Improvement Project signed PDF 402 K CEQA-Compliance-Certification_LACC_Habitat_Restoration signed PDF 443 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.