Himalayan Blackberry Removal (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. EPIMS-SOL-13305- R3)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Himalayan Blackberry Removal (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. EPIMS-SOL-13305- R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number EPIMS-SOL-13305-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Fadel Hamed. The project is limited to the removal of an approximately 25-foot wide, 7,379-square-foot area of Himalayan blackberry (Rubus armeniacus) along an approximately 295-foot reach of the right bank of an unnamed tributary to the Carquinez Strait. A bobcat with a mini excavator and hand tools will be used to remove the blackberry with minimal ground disturbance. Work will start at top of bank and proceed away from the stream. Once the blackberry is removed from the top of bank, a silt fence will be installed along the top of bank to prevent sediment from entering the stream during work. Two partially dead willow trees, approximately 10 inches in diameter at breast height, will also be removed. In the late fall or early winter following blackberry removal, the entire 7,379-square-foot area will be revegetated with native trees, shrubs, and grasses. All removed blackberry will be taken off site and disposed at a proper yard waste facility.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife Bay Delta Region
2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94534
Phone : (707) 428-2076
- Cross Streets
- W 7th Street and Carolina Drive
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at the intersection of W 7th Street and Carolina Drive in the City of Benicia, Solano County, California.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 4; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of minor private alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100472_EPIMS-SOL-13305-R3_NOE_final PDF 249 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.