Cuyama River Tanker Spill Restoration Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020- 0114-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 - South Coast, San Diego (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5)
- Document Title
- Cuyama River Tanker Spill Restoration Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020- 0114-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0114-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Golden Valley Transport Inc. represented by Zach Barnard. The project is the restoration of two sites along the Cuyama River that were damaged from an oil spill and subsequent oil containment and clean-up activities. Golden Valley Transport Inc. submitted a restoration plan as required by CDFW. Restoration activities will involve replacement of rock slope protection in areas where it was removed, revegetation of all areas within the impact footprint, irrigation to achieve establishment of newly planted vegetation, and maintenance and monitoring to achieve success. The equipment needed to complete the project restoration activities includes a CAT 966 loader, a CAT D4 dozer, a 4,000-gallon water truck and a 2,000-gallon water truck.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
South Coast Region 5 3883 Ruffin Rd.
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 524-0904
- San Luis Obispo Santa Barbara
- Cross Streets
- The project is located at two separate sites along the Cuyama River, adjacent to California Stat
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at two separate sites along the Cuyama River, adjacent to California State Route 166, approximately 12 miles east of the city of Santa Maria, Counties of Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo, State of California. The first site is located along the Cuyama River at the United States Forestry Department Pine Canyon Station, across from Buckhorn Ridge Road. The second site is located approximately two river miles upstream from the first site. They are within the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Chimney Canyon 7.5-minute quadrangle within Township 11 North, Range 31 West, Section 6. The Assessor’s Parcel Numbers (APN) associated with this project are 131-030-052 (Santa Barbara County) and 085-441-003 (San Luis Obispo County).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 21; California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 15321
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is an enforcement action by CDFW to enforce Fish and Game Code.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100437_1600-20200114-R5 CDFW PDF 289 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.