CD 03 19020-19040 Vanowen St Pallet Homeless Shelter ProjectThe proposed project consists of the construction of a new homeless shelter at City of Los Angeles o
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Los Angeles, City of (City of Los Angeles)
- Document Title
- CD 03 19020-19040 Vanowen St Pallet Homeless Shelter ProjectThe proposed project consists of the construction of a new homeless shelter at City of Los Angeles o
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project consists of the construction of a new homeless shelter at City of Los Angeles owned parcel that includes pallet shelters that ar~ small, detached, pre-fabricated cabins assembled on site with beds for up to 104 individuals, two hygiene trailers with restrooms, showers, lavatories, drinking fountains; and designated seating areas for food services for people experiencing homelessness. The nature of this project is to serve the local homeless community within the vicinity of the project. The purpose of the project is to provide emergency shelter for individuals experiencing homelessness to help bridge their transition from living on the streets to finding services and, ultimately, living in transitional and/or permanent housing. The project includes approximately 55 pallet shelters; 49 with double beds (occupants) and six with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant single beds. There are also one pallet shelter for staff and one pallet shelter for storage, both with no beds. The project site is approximately 36,800- square feet (sf) and is currently developed as a City of Los Angeles owned municipal center parking lot. The project includes beds in crisis and bridge housing for up to 104 people experiencing homelessness. Project beneficiaries include the homeless community, the public and local businesses. A third-party service provider will operate the project for the City and it is anticipated that a lease or similar operating and/or funding agreement may be executed. (Please see the attached narrative for more details).
- Contact Information
City of Los Angeles c/o Bureau of Engineering
1149 S. Broadway, MS 939
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Phone : (213) 485-5753
- Los Angeles
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- 190-20--1904-0 Vanewen-St. Reseda, CA-9-l33~he pr0je0t-s~te is--located in tt:le Reseda area of the Reseda-Van Nuys Community Plan Area in the City of Los Angeles Council District 3 (CD 3), Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) 2129-021-906, see Figure 1 - Project Site Location.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15269(c) 21080(b}(4) & 21080.27
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is statutorily exempt under Public Resources Code Section 21080(b)(4) as a specific action necessary to prevent or mitigate an emergency as also reflected in CEQA Guideline Section 15269(c); Public Resources Code section 21080.27 (AB 1197) applicable to City of Los Angeles bridge homeless shelters; and, because the project uses "Homeless Emergency Aid Program funds," it is exempt under Governor's order N-32-20. AB 1197 codified at Public Resources Code section 21080.27 exempts the project as an emergency homeless shelter (see attached narrative).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100319_CD 03_NOE_19020-19040 Van Owen St_CD3 Council Office Homeless Shelter_LA_Co_Stamped PDF 946 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.