Tinemaha Dam Geotechnical Investigation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Document Title
- Tinemaha Dam Geotechnical Investigation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
- Document Description
- LADWP proposes to conduct geotechnical investigations in the vicinity of the Tinemaha Dam under the supervision of the Division of Safety of Dams. Built in the 1920s, there are several issues with the dam and appurtenant works which will eventually require replacement. The proposed geotechnical work will investigate the geology and hydrogeology surrounding the dam and reservoir and be used to inform how the dam will be replaced as a future project. The investigation would involve borings, test pits, and cone penetration testing. Test pits would be conducted in the proposed borrow sites (see attached).
- Contact Information
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
111 N. Hope Street, Room 1044
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone : (213) 367-0968
- Other Location Info
- Tinemaha Reservoir is located in Inyo County, situated on the Owens River approximately 8 miles south of Big Pine, California. Please see attached figures.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 Existing Facilities; 15306 Information Collection
- Reasons for Exemption
- Section 15301 - Existing Facilities consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public structures involving negligible or no expansion of existing or former use. Section 15301 (m) includes minor repairs and alterations to existing dams and appurtenant structures under the supervision of the Department of Water Resources. Section 15306 - Class 6 consists of basic data collection, research, experimental management, and resource evaluation activities which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource. These may be strictly for information gathering purposes, or as part of a study leading to an action which a public agency has not yet approved, adopted, or funded.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100253_Tinemaha Geotech NOE + Maps (final) PDF 2379 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.