Arroyo Pasajero Westside Detention Basin Access Roads
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Arroyo Pasajero Westside Detention Basin Access Roads
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR's San Luis Field Division (SLFD) will grade two 20-foot wide dirt access roads on the north and south of Arroyo Pasajero. These roads will connect existing embankment roads to Siskiyou Avenue. The road north of Arroyo Pasajero will be approximately 2370 feet long; the road south of Arroyo Pasajero will be approximately 161 O feet long. Vegetation removal will be minimal, only the amount necessary to grade the roads will be removed. No trees will be felled for this work, but, if necessary, previously burned Tamarisk (Tamarix sp.) logs and other vegetation will be pushed out of the area to be graded. The logs and vegetation will be placed up to 30 feet north of the northern road and south of the southern road. Construction of these roads will-enable better access for monitoring during flood events, will allow safer traffic flow when SLFD works in the Arroyo Pasajero, and will enable field crews and equipment to access Siskiyou Avenue. SLFD and the SWP Contractors will benefit.
- Contact Information
Dept. of Water Resources
San Luis Field Division 31770 Gonzaga Rd
Gustine, CA 95322
Phone : (209) 827-5460
- Other Location Info
- The project is approximately 2.2 miles north of the city of Huron, about 2,920 feet west of Lassen Avenue and extending east to Siskiyou Avenue.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Categorical Exemption 15304 (Minor Alterations to Land)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This work involves grading two roads to improve access and safety. The work will occur in an area with slopes of less than 10 percent and will not involve removal of mature, healthy, or scenic trees. Categorical Exemption 15304 (Minor Alterations to Land) applies.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100236_SignedAPAccessRoads_NOE PDF 170 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.