PGE Rio Dell Junction Bridgeville Stream Restoration Plan ( Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. EPIMS-HUM -13427-R1)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern and Eureka Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- PGE Rio Dell Junction Bridgeville Stream Restoration Plan ( Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. EPIMS-HUM -13427-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number EPIMS-HUM-13427-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Pacific Gas & Electric Craig Geldard The project is limited to 2 encroachments. The two encroachments are for stream restoration and revegetation on 2 unnamed tributaries to Van Duzen River. Implementation of PG&E’s Wildfire Safety Program resulted in impacts to these two unnamed tributaries. PGE has self-reported the unpermitted activities which diverted natural flows out of channel and filled stream channels. The first encroachment referred to as Site 1 includes decommissioning a section of an access road containing an undersized failed crossing. The second encroachment Site 2 is described as a cleared landing around a new transmission line. Work at Site 2 includes grading work to hydrologically disconnect the road by redirecting the channel to its’ place of origin. Stream restoration activities such as bank stabilization, grading, channel clearing and revegetation are proposed to return the channel to natural conditions using adjacent reference reaches as a guide. If work for these encroachments is interrupted from early rain events interim erosion control measures will be implemented to prevent sediment delivery to waters of the State.
- Contact Information
Christine Hahn Vertical
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 502-8768
- Other Location Info
- The project is located within the Van Duzen River watershed, approximately 0.77 miles west of the town of Bridgeville, County of Humboldt, State of California . Assessor’s Parcel Number 207 -182-006; latitude 40.4705 N and longitude -123.8142 W at the first stream restoration project.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type - Class 33; California Code of Regulations, Title 14 , section 15333.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is small habitat restoration, the primary purpose is to restore 2 stream channels, banks for fish and wildlife . There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, threatened, or rare species or their habitat pursuant to § 15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has determined that the Project is categorically exempt from review under CEQA pursuant to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Article 19, Section 15333 Small Habitat Restoration projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100160_PGE Rio Dell Junction PDF 421 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.