Alexandre Dairy Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020- 0255-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 - Northern Region, Redding and Eureka (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Northern and Eureka Region 1)
- Document Title
- Alexandre Dairy Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020- 0255-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to remediation and mitigation work on two unnamed tributaries to Morrison Creek. Work will include reestablishing the natural flow path and removal of an obstruction on the tributary to the north that was altered without a permit and the construction of an alcove pond connected to the "Mello" Creek tributary for habitat enhancement. Work will include excavation, recontouring, grading, and implementation and maintenance of erosion control measures.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife Northern Region
619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2064
- Del Norte
- Other Location Info
- The project to be completed is located within the Morrison Creek watershed, approximately 1.75 miles south of the town of Smith River, County of Del Norte, State of California. The project is located in Section 35, T18N, R1E, Humboldt Base and Meridian; in the Smith River U.S. Geological Survey 7.5-minute quadrangle; Assessor's Parcel Number 103-020-082; latitude 41.903964 N and longitude 124.152980 W at the pond project location.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- — Class 3 and Class 31; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301 and 15321.
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to remediate impacts from unpermitted stream channel modification and construction of an off-channel pond to enhance habitat for fish and mitigate for unpermitted work. Unpermitted work and activities were conducted without a Streambed Alteration Agreement (Fish & Game Code [FGC] Section 1602) before December 19, 2017. The project will also prevent sediment from entering streams, violations of FGC Section 5650. This is an action by regulatory agency to enforce or revoke a lease, permit, license, certificate, or other entitlement for use issued, adopted, or prescribed by the regulatory agency or enforcement of a law, general rule, standard, or objective, administered or adopted by the regulatory agency. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100153_1600-2020-0255-R1_DEL_Alexandre Dairy_Morrison Creek Fish Habitat Project_NOE PDF 475 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.