Piedmont Temporary Regulator Pressure Recovery Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
- Document Title
- Piedmont Temporary Regulator Pressure Recovery Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed Project is to be operated automatically based on available pressure and flow (customer demand). Existing water transfer will not be disrupted, but rather through the proposed project or through the existing conduit (existing pressure reducing valve (PRV)). The project is composed of compatible intake and discharge pipes, a single turbine generating unit, control valves and sensors and meter. The controlling device will be housed in an appropriate electrical box. The project will be on a 15x7 ft concrete slab roughly 10 ft (center of pipe to center of pipe) from the existing conduit. There will be a 13x5x5 ft fiberglass enclosure housing the entire project with appropriate sound protection, landscaping, and aesthetics suitable for the site use. Energy will be used to offset energy used at this station by EBMUD. IT is contained in the existing vault area where there is a functioning PRV.
- Contact Information
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD)
375 11th St.
Oakland, CA 94607
Phone : (510) 287-0567
- Other Location Info
- Piedmont Reservoir Number Two at Blair Ave & Harbord Dr, Oakland, CA 94611 at...
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Small Hydro Projects at Existing Facilities 15328
- Reasons for Exemption
- Capacity is less than 5 megawatts, operation will not change flow regime, new power lines won't exceed one mile, will not raise surface elevation, discharge within 300 ft., no water quality violations, no Historic, endangered, rare or threatened species construction or alteration.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100142_Piedmont Temporary Regulator Pressure PDF 624 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.