Frenchman Lake Seismic Monitoring Station Installation (OM-OFD-2020-005)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Frenchman Lake Seismic Monitoring Station Installation (OM-OFD-2020-005)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- Division of Operations and Maintenance, DWR
- Document Description
- DWR will install a new seismic station near Frenchman Dam. The station will have a 35 by 10 ft concrete pad with 15 ft tall metal tower with solar and radio telemetry, approx. 20 ft of buried 2-in PVC conduit, and a 4 ft high chain link fence around the perimeter. A 10-inch diameter boring will place the sensor within the footprint of the concrete pad. Transportation will be heavy duty flatbed pickups and trailers. Concrete will be mixed onsite using a skid steer. Equipment will be staged at existing parking lots. All work will be within DWR right-of-way.
- Contact Information
Department of Water Resources
1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-2908
- 39°53'40.61"N 120°11'20.9"W
- Northern California
- Cross Streets
- Frenchman Lake Rd and Dixie Valley Rd
- Other Information
- Left abutment of Frenchman Dam.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, Existing Facilities, Section No. 15301(m)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State Water Project provides significant and important services to many Californians. This project is exempt because it involves minor work activities to appurtenant structures under the supervision of the Department of Water Resources. This project will not result in impacts to special status species or habitat without any significant environmental impacts.
- Notice of Exemption
- NOE Seismic Monitoring Station - OFD_Fenchman PDF 425 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.