California Institute of Technology- Owens Valley Radio Observatory Long Wavelength Array and Deep Synoptic Array Expansion Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Document Title
- California Institute of Technology- Owens Valley Radio Observatory Long Wavelength Array and Deep Synoptic Array Expansion Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Institute of Technology (Caltech) proposes to expand the Long Wavelength Array (LWA) and the Deep Synoptic Array (DSA) at the Owens Valley Radio Observatory (OVRO), in Inyo County north of Big Pine, California. Established for scientific research purposes in the 1950s, the OVRO operates under a lease from the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. Caltech’s proposed projects would expand the capabilities and resolution of existing LWA and DSA configurations by adding approximately 64 LWA antennas and 15 DSA dishes. See NOE for full details.
- Contact Information
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
111 N. Hope Street, Room 1044
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone : (213) 367-0968
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
- Other Location Info
- The Owens Valley Radio Observatory is located in Inyo County, California, about 4.5 miles north of Big Pine and east of the Owens River at approximately 3,950 feet above sea level.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 Minor Alterations to Land
- Reasons for Exemption
- Section 15304- Class 4 consists of minor public or private alterations to land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural purposes. Examples include (f) minor trenching and backfilling where the surface is restored.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100110_Final Caltech NOE PDF 10122 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.