Recovery of Endangered Mountain Yellow-legged Frogs (MYLF) (Rana sierrae), Sierra National Forrest
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Recovery of Endangered Mountain Yellow-legged Frogs (MYLF) (Rana sierrae), Sierra National Forrest
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project involves the capture and transport of Rana sierrae larvae from the Lower Desolation Lake population to the Oakland Zoo over three successive years (2020, 2021, 2022). These larvae are positive for Bd (fungal disease causing amphibian declines worldwide) and will be cleared at the Zoo, raised to adult lifestage and introduced to Marmot Lake in 2021, 2022 and 2023. These are historic sites for Mountain Yellow-legged Frog (MYLF) and this project will result in population expansion and a significant recovery trend for MYLF within their historic range. MYLF are a Federal Endangered Species Act (ESA) listed species.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW)
1234 E. Shaw Avenue
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 250-5780
CDFW Central Region - R4
- Other Location Info
- Collection site UTM E348059, N4124358. Reintroduce site UTM E350678, N4125014.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 7 (CCR, Title 14, Section 15307)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Class 7 categorical exemption applies to proposed “actions by regulatory agencies for protection of natural resources” projects under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) (Pub. Resources Code, 21000 et seq.). The proposed project is an activity that falls within the Class 7 categorical exemption because it is a wildlife preservation activity of the State Department of Fish and Wildlife that is limited in scope and no serious or major disturbances to environmental resources are expected. The amphibian species benefited is MYLF, and ESA listed species. This project will result in the re-establishment of a historic population of MYLF and a significant recovery trend within their native range.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100045_NOE_Recovery_MYLF_SierraNF PDF 295 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.