Lower Highland PM 0.34 Storm Damage Repair Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0171-R3)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish and Wildlife, Region 3 - Bay Delta, Fairfield (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bay Delta Region 3)
- Document Title
- Lower Highland PM 0.34 Storm Damage Repair Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2020-0171-R3)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2020-0171-R3, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the County of Santa Cruz Department of Public Works as represented by Greg Jones. In the winter of 2018-2019, precipitation events caused approximately 40 linear feet of the outboard road edge of Lower Highland Road to fail and slide towards Corralitos Creek. The failure created an approximately 20-foot tall scarp at an approximately 1:1 gradient that extends toward the creek. Following the failure, temporary stabilization measures, asphalt berm and plastic covering, were placed on the face of the failure. The proposed project will remove temporary stabilization measures and repair the road.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
Bay Delta Region 2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94534
Phone : (707) 428-2088
- Santa Cruz
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Corralitos Creek, a tributary to the Pajaro River, in the County of Santa Cruz, State of California; Latitude 37.04900, Longitude -121.81709; Section 24, Township 10, Range 1, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) map Loma Prieta.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Type – Class 1; California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will repair an existing road that was damaged during winter storms.
- Notice of Exemption
- 2020100019_2020-0171 NOE PDF 263 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.